Day Camp – information for parents
Day camps are meant for kids ages 7-10. Every child born between 2013-2016 are welcome to join, if they are capable of being in big groups with other children (there can be around 10-20 kids at day camps). Note! Age limits are recommendations and camp activities are planned according to them. Day camps operate on the premises of youth centers or schools.
Operating hours of the day camp: 9.00-15.00
The beginning of the camp: The day camps will begin on the first day of the camp by gathering at 9.00 o’clock at the main entrance of the site. Our camp instructors will greet the campers and are happy to answer any questions related to the day camp. Children will be dropped off and picked up without the parents coming inside the camp building, any conversation made with the camp instructors will take place outside.
Communication: Each campsite has its own camp phone. The operating time of the phone is during the camps days from 9:00-15.00 o’clock. Text messages can be sent at any time. Address and contact information for the camps can found in the camp information.
Dining: Lunch and a small snack will be served during the day. You can bring your own snacks, but please note that they should be durable for backpack storage. Kid has to bring own cutlery for lunch (Plate, fork, spoon, knife and mug).
Note! No candy, soda or other sweets and treats are allowed. Exceptionally the child will not bring their own tableware this year, instead they will be provided with disposable tableware at the camp. Everyone should bring their own labeled water bottle. Possible food allergies will be asked when you registered for the camp. Please note that the food orders from the food supplier must be made no later than two weeks before the beginning of the camp.
If we have to cancel the camp (due to small numbers of participants/ changed premise shifts), we will notify you no later than 2 weeks before the start of the camp.
REMEMBER TO BRING TO THE CAMP
- A labeled water bottle
- Plate, fork, spoon, knife and mug for lunch
- Weather-appropriate clothes that are nice to wear both outdoors and indoors. The emphasis is on outdoor activities, so weather-proof equipment is essential!
OTHER IMPORTANT NOTES
- In the camp, the speaking-lanquage is Finnish.
- If your child is feeling even slightly sick, they can’t come to camp. A parent is obligated to immediately pick up their child if they fall ill during the camp day.
- At the camp, good hygiene is taken into account even more. That is why we emphasize outdoor activities, avoiding close contacts and small group activities.
- Are the instructors aware of your child’s allergies and other important things so that they have enough comprehensive information to take care of your child’s well-being at camp?
- Please also note that there is not a possibility for additional assistants at camps. If a child is unable to function in normal group work (e.g., disruptive behavior, bullying, etc.), guardians are required to pick up the child from day camp. In this case, the camp fee is non-refundable.
- Follow the timetable set for the camps. Whether the child travels independently or is picked up by someone. In exceptional cases, inform instructors either by a note or a text message!
- Save the camp phone numbers of your camp. Inform the camp instructors with a text message if the child is going to be absent.
- Make sure instructors have the correct contact information so that a guardian can be contacted in an emergency.
- Candy and soda is prohibited.
- Game consoles are left at home and phone games will not be used during the camp day
- Camp insurance does not cover broken items, such as phones, glasses, etc. Children are responsible for their own goods, such as mobile phones or sports equipment, etc.
- You can inquire about lost property during the camp from the camp instructors and after the camp from the office. Findings are stored for three months, after which they are recycled
If you have any other questions about the camps, please contact:
p. 045 137 2744
Toiminnanjohtaja Pirjo Tolvanen
p. 040 737 9528